Dr. Donwa Dethwelson Lapang (born 10 April 1934), popularly known as Dr. D. D. Lapang, is a baby-kisser from Meghalaya, India, and the ex-leader minister of Meghalaya.
He began his lifestyles as a road labourer and labored his manner up grow to be Sub-Inspector of schools. His father’s name became Donwa conflict. In 1958, he married Amethyst Lynda Jomes Blah.
In 1972 he became MLA (Member of Legislative assembly) from Nongpoh as an independent candidate. And later in 1992 to February, 1993 he became the kingdom chief Minister. On four March 2003 he become again sworn in as chief Minister. He resigned from the placement on 15 June 2006 because of dissidence in the coalition authorities.
He took workplace as leader Minister once more in March 2007. His party, the Indian countrywide Congress, gained a plurality of seats within the March 2008 nation legislative election, and Lapang changed into sworn in as leader Minister on March 10, 2008, but with the assist of best 28 participants of the 60 seat legislature, he resigned on March 19.
He became leader minister for a fourth time on can also 13, 2009, after the country changed into underneath President’s Rule for two months.
|Full Name||Dr. Donwa Dethwelson Lapang|
|Famous For||Being the Chief Minister of Meghalaya 4 times|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 80 kg
in pounds– 175 lbs
|Political Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey||• 1972: Contested as Independent Candidate in the Legislative Assembly
• Election from Nongpoh L.A. Constituency and won as MLA.
• 1978: Became Minister of State including Cooperation, Jails, Education and Civil Defence.
• 1979: Became Cabinet Minister including Health and Family Welfare, Labour, Information & Public Relations.
• 1988: Deputy Minister of Home.
• 1992-1993: Chief Minister of Meghalaya
• 1993-1995: Chairman State Planning Board
• 1995-1997: Chairman, Commission on Resources Mobilization
• 1998-2003: Served as Deputy Chief Minister
• 2003-2006: Chief Minister of Meghalaya
• 2007-2008: Chief Minister of Meghalaya
• 2009-2010: Chief Minister of Meghalaya
|Date of Birth||10th April, 1934|
|Age (as in 2018)||84 Years|
|Birthplace||Nongjri village, Ri Bhoi, Meghalaya , India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Nongjri village, Ri Bhoi, Meghalaya , India|
|School||Shillong Government High School|
|College/University||St. Anthony’s College, Shillong|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors in Arts (B.A)|
|Address||Pahamsohthri, P.O & P.S Nongpoh Ri. Bhori Dist Meghalaya|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Amethyst Lynda Jomes Blah (Journalist)|
|Children||Son– 1 (Name Not Known)
Daughter– 1 (Name Not Known)
|Parents||Father– Donwa War (Tailor)
Mother– Name Not Known (Tea Seller)
|Car Collection||Ford Endeavour, Fortuner, Scorpio,Cheverol Optra|
|Assets/Properties||Deposits in Banks: 75 Lakh
Jewellery: 3 Lakh
Agricultural Land: 3 Lakh
Non Agricultural Land: 60 Lakh
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹2 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About D. D. Lapang
- Does D. D. Lapang smoke ?: now not regarded.
- Does D. D. Lapang alcohol?: no longer acknowledged.
- His father died when he became just five years old.
- After his father’s loss of life, he used to assist his mom to sell tea within the marketplace of Nongpoh, the constituency from which he turned into later elected as MLA.
- His existence took a flip whilst he met Rev. S Mallai, a clergyman who asked his mother to allow him to take the little boy to a nearby village, Umroi to educate him.
- He additionally worked as a avenue labourer.
- He did many roles earlier than turning into a politician. He served as a school trainer for five years. He also labored for Assam Civil Secretariat then promoted to lower division Assistant as a typist. He also worked as a Sub-Inspector of colleges for 10 years.
- He then joined politics in 1972 contesting in Legislative meeting Election from Nongpoh L.A. Constituency and even received as MLA.
- He then served as the chief Minister of Meghalaya 4 times.
- In September 2018, he resigned from the Congress celebration and alleged that Indian country wide Congress don’t deal with senior birthday celebration contributors properly.